MYER Autumn/Winter 2013 Fashion Show
Styling for KEVIN.MURPHY is one of Chris (Kapa) Kapetanov’s passions and last week was his time to shine styling for the MYER Autumn/Winter 2013 collection launch, held at Melbourne’s Myer Mural Hall. The KEVIN.MURPHY team are invited each year to style for the biggest names in fashion, Sass & Bide, Yeojin Bae, Jayson Brunsdon and Toni Maticevski, just to name a few.
“Kapa” Backstage at the MYER AW13 collection launch
Chris was backstage styling the hair of Australian’s top models, including our very own supermodel Jennifer Hawkins, who lead the 37 models onto the Melbourne runway. Featuring lashings of leather, lace, skinny pants, large floral prints and peplums.
As a consistent and accommodating stylist, Chris took this years 1960s-inspired hair and makeup direction and made it his own, producing retro-inspired hair with a modern, 2013 twist. Instead of creating a nostalgic look, Chris broke down the era and modernised the appeal to a polished, 2013 woman. This style complemented this years gorgeous new season trends and was admired by the stylish audience.
Jennifer Hawkins on the runway
Chris and the KEVIN.MURPHY team showcased two fashion-forward hairstyles on models: a low pony and a faux bob.
Playing with texture and making the style imperfect keeps the look fresh and modern.
As always, the show was a big success. The hair looked amazing and “Kapa” didn’t disappoint! Nice work Chris, we look forward to MYER’s next fashion show.
[quote author=”The Low Pony” type=”static”]
To recreate the Low Pony look Chris recommends:
- Rough dry Kevin Murphy anti gravity spray into the roots and ends of your hair to create hold.
- Using kevin murphy paddle brush, back comb the entire head to create a soft padding at the roots and a soft fly away texture through the mid lengths and ends of the hair.
- Take a centre or side part to the crown and part down the head to behind the ears and clip the hair away.
- Section the hair across the back of the head from top of the ear across to the other ear and brush the lower section of hair smooth around the nape to start to form a ponytail.
- Secure with a piece of thread or elastic.
- Repeat this with the top section of the head making sure you have height on top and introduce the two front/side panels to it.
- Once you have smoothed the hair to your liking place it around the pervious ponytail and secure with thread or elastic again.
- Finish with Kevin Murphy session spray.
Catch the highlights from the Autumn Winter Fashion Launch at the heritage listed Mural Hall, Myer Melbourne. Enjoy!
[youtube id=”fdY4sCVyQPU” width=”455″ height=”270″]